Friday, September 24, 2010

Yao Oi

Yao Oi is the last stop on the light rail from our train stop in Ginza in Tin Shiu Wai on the 751 train.  WE went there on our way to the Gold Coast, which is a decent walking distance from Yao Oi.  Since we were just passing through, I don't have much to say about it yet, but I do hope to return there soon, so I wanted to at least start a post about it. 

So far, what I know is they have damn cheap food.

We stopped there for brunch on our way to the Gold Coast.  I wasnt really listening to Mabo when he ordered.  Accidently, we both ordered for all of us, so we ended up with twice as much food as we could eat. 

We ordered:
gyoza pot stickers
2 BBQ steamed buns
fried rice
ham and mushroom omlette
a bowl of noodles
coffee
tea
juice

The total price, in USD, for all that food?  about 12 dollars.  And it was soooooo tasty!  Mabo was disappointed that his noodles were just cheapo instant ramen, but everything I ate was fantastic!  Kai scarfed down his food like he hadn't been fed in a week, so I guess he liked it too! 

Next time we go to the gold coast, I'm stopping by Yao Oi for some good cheap eats. But I will pay more attention to how much we order!  We couldn't eat a thing for the rest of the day because we were overstuffed from brunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment