Tuesday, April 19, 2011

it's nearly Easter!

Wow, the time certainly has flown by and already I've been in Hong Kong 7 months!  I've made a few friends and am just starting to feel settled in.  the boys have also been working hard establishing a network of friends and exploring HK.

School has certainly gotten into full gear with TSA exams and finals looming on the horizon.  I'm also doing some volunteer work with the local english teacher organization and trying to figure out what my next steps should be.  there is a lot to think about actually.  last year, my main goal was to get the hell out of my job, but this year I have more things to think about.  Do I want to remain in elementary school education, or do i want to go in another direction?  What direction whould that be, exactly? I think I know the answer to those questions, but right now I'm not so confident what i woudl do if i answered honestly. 

Easter holiday begins on thursday for six glorious days of being with my boys.  We don't have any plans yet and it looks like its going to rain most of the time, so we might just sit this holiday out.  Plus, we don't have much money because we just sent a boat load of money to the US to FINALLY pay off the last credit card bill.  Since we have student loans, we are not debt-free, but it stil feels so good to get those cards off my mental list of things to worry and fret over.  I am so thankful i finally have a job that pays enough money that I can pay my bills and pay off debt.  it just feels really nice every months that I can get what I need and do what I want and not be living pay check to pay check all the time. 

After Easter is over, school will  be a whirlwind of last classes, test prep, final exams, closing ceremonies, and then off for summer!  Hopefully, we can spend at least some of that time in Japan to visit the family there.  Last year, we opted to visit Maine, so it's Mabo's family's turn.  my boy was pretending to call "Uncle Shinji" on a toy phone last week.  Hopefully, he will be able to play with the real deal soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment