When we first met, I wrote you a letter; do you remember? I had just left two very bad relationships with 2008 and 2009 and I begged you to be kind and loving and help me recover from the abuse I had suffered. So I will end as I have begun; with a letter.
2010, we knew you were just the rebound year and rebound relationships rarely last long or work out long term. It was just a matter of time. You were the time for transitions and flux. Mabo transitioned from student to worker to stay at home dad. Kai transitioned for baby to big kid and from daycare to home school. I transitioned from director of a university language school to elementary school teacher. We all transitioned from the US to HK. I realized at the end of this year that 2011 had to be a time for my personal growth and development. This realization also accompanies a transition in my way of thinking and feeling about myself and my life, so it was appropriate for it to begin in 2010.
I must thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing us to make these transitions painlessly, lovingly, and safely. 2010, you have fulfilled your promise to provide and protect and help me recover.
I do deeply love you and will never forget you. And I honor and appreciate our time together and what you have done for me and what you have taught me. Because of you, I am stronger, happier, and healthier. I can face 2011 without fear, regret, or hesitation. I am ready for the path ahead, and I owe that all to you.
Thank you.
Farewell.
No comments:
Post a Comment